Frequently Asked Questions
How is Arrow Retreats different?
When we travel, we create an environment where travelers feel like guests and friends, rather than tourists. We connect with locals to learn and appreciate our differences, while acknowledging subtle ways we are interconnected. We honor and support the many partners who impact their communities, and share their stories.
From natural dying workshops, and fashion studios, to sharing meals with exciting restauranteurs, and visiting small boutique hotels, we'll have every detail organized thoughtfully with locals in mind.
When selecting a destination, we embrace the landscape in our itineraries.
Mountains? Let's hike. City? Let's find the side streets. Ocean? Swim, surf, catamaran, of course.
Movement oriented activities allow our guests to fully participate in and appreciate the local geography.
CULTURE + ARTS
We work with fashion designers who value sustainability, makers who positively impact their communities, and artisans who celebrate ancient traditions. Guests will have intimate experiences with amazing people who are preserving culture and pioneering local commerce.
FOOD + AGRICULTURE
Sharing of meals is the most ancient form of bonding. Food is the common bond that connects us all. Food and agriculture are fundamental components of the architecture of each itinerary. We work with local farmers, chefs, and sommeliers, to help us to appreciate each meal, and where it comes from.
OUR COMMITMENT TO TRAVEL
Our commitment to travel was founded on a deep reverence for understanding human beings, past and present. Our trips are driven by three fundamental questions. How did we come to develop our social and cultural behaviors in relationship to our natural environment? How do our stories connect us? How can I be of service to our collective evolution?
As Travelers & Guests,
We honor traditions and respect differences.
We visit places and communities with curiosity, openness, and respect.
We tread lightly, listen fully, and ask questions.
Join us to experience a new way of travel -- where you will discover what it means to be immersed in our world community while you deepen your relationship with yourself.
Is this trip really for me?
An Arrow Retreats trip is for you if you enjoy,
- seeing the world authentically
- getting a little bit outside of your comfort zone
- value your own wellness and self care practices
- are curious about living a more mindful life
- enjoy good company with amazing women from all over the country
- desire to travel but don't really want to do all of the planning
- want a digital detox (not required but definitely a plus!)
- enjoy practicing yoga, or are at least curious about its benefits (we offer an optional class each morning when it fits into our schedule)
- love to feel inspired and connected
- want to travel solo but also want to feel safe and supported
- love amazing food and exploring culture through your senses
- like to get your hands dirty in creative workshops
- crave being in nature and experiencing the great outdoors
How do I register + what are your booking terms?
You may register for your trip by visiting one of the designated trip pages and submitting your 30% deposit. The deposit goes towards the final balance of your trip. Once submitted, you have up until 90 days before the trip start date to complete the remaining balance of your trip cost. The deposit, is non refundable, and the remaning balance is considered refundable up until 90 days before the trip start date. Within the 90 day mark of your trip, no money will be refunded.
We offer installment plans for those who would benefit, yet only offer this option upon request.
travel insurance for all trips, to protect you in the case of any unforseen circumstances. Please refer to our
Booking Terms to learn more before you book.
Can I travel solo?
Of course. Most women who join our group trips are solo travelers. We offer single room occupancy if you enjoy having your personal space but also offer double occupancy rooms for anyone who wants to share with another solo traveler.
Our group sizes range from 8-16 people which creates an intimate experience for everyone to feel included.
What is included?
We included the following on all Arrow Retreats:
- Transportation to/from airport & all transportation during the trip
- Accommodations, including your stay each night at all venues
- Breakfast + Dinner everyday
- Lunches on most days, when it is apart of the excursion we are on
- All activities listed as "included" on each individual retreat page
- Gifts from Arrow Retreats including a local find made from female designers
What isn't included?
We do not include in our travel package pricing:
- Some lunches, that are during your free time
- Optional excursions that we have listed as "optional" on specific retreat page *All optional excursions that we do together as a group will be paid for by Arrow Retreats and money will be collected post retreat via elecontric billing.
- Travelers Insurance
Can I bring my boyfriend/husband?
We believe that something powerful happens when you bring a group of women together. To keep the dynamic female focused, we do not allow men to join us on our trips. Get ready for alll the girl vibes.
Is the yoga optional?
Yes! We want to create an environment where everyone feels included and where you as the traveler get to choose your experience. Yoga will be offerred each morning of the retreat for anyone who wants to join.
We belieive in the power of yoga and mindfulness as a resource for living an enriched life and see how complimentary that is to our travel adventures. Our teachers are experienced and will create a practice that everyone can benefit from. We usually teach a vinyasa flow style class but also offer restorative classes to help you reset and relax.
Can you accommodate my food allergies?
Yes! We are dedicated to creating a safe and enjoyable experience at each of our meals as that is a huge part of what we love curating. Once registered, we will ask you all the deets on your food allergies/preferences to make sure your taken care of.